Looking for something to do this weekend? Here’s a list of some fun things happening near you…
- The Denver St. Patrick’s Day Parade, Saturday, March 17th @ 9:30 am
Start St. Patrick’s Day the right way! Bag pipes, celtic dancers and more are sure to entertain all ages. Be sure to arrive early to stake out a spot. For parade route info, click here.
- Denver Fashion Week, Sunday, March 18th- Sunday, March 25th, 3-11 pm, $20+. At the Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum7711 E. Academy Blvd., Hangar 1, Denver, CO 80230
Denver Fashion Week (DFW) is Denver’s largest fashion showcase featuring emerging designers, local boutiques, national brands, hairstylists, makeup artists and models.
- Run the Lucky Laces 1M/5K/10K at Denver’s City Park
Start off the weekend with a fun run through City Park and be greeted at the finish line with green beer and live music!
- Body Mind Spirit Expo at The Denver Mart, Friday, March 16- Sunday, March 18
For those looking to explore the world of holistic possibilities, this gathering at the Denver Mart is sure to please. The expo was created for like-minded individuals to come together and commune in the spirit of fun, self exploration, self empowerment and self improvement. There will be over 250 exhibitors, 80 talks and seminars, 95 readers and healers and much more. The Body Mind Spirit Expo runs from Friday to Sunday at the Denver Mart at I-25 and 58th Ave. Admission is $7 and parking is included. To see the full schedule of events, visit BMSE.net.
- Rainforest Yoga at The Butterfly Pavilion, 8-9 am Saturday, March 17th
It’s no Emerald Isle, but you can still get a great, green start to the day with a yoga practice in the midst of a tropical rainforest. For $10 in advance or $12 at the door, surround yourself with vines and vinyasa your way to inner peace. It’s the most soothing, centering thing you can do on St. Patrick’s Day. Find out more at the Butterfly Pavilion Facebook page.
- Beautiful Junk Sale, Friday, March 16th- Saturday, March 17th at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds in Golden.
What better way to spend a day than among 10,500 square feet of bargain-priced items, including jewelry, collectibles, vintage odds & ends and holiday decor — all for a good cause. Admission for adults is $4 and free for children 15 and under. If you bring two or more cans of food, you can get $1 off. Proceeds benefit Jeffco Action Center, which helps those in need.
- Old Towne Arvada’s Saint Patrick’s Day Festival, 12- 6 pm, Saturday, March 17th.
This street festival may be your best bet if you’re looking for a St. Paddy’s Day celebration with a small-town feel. This family friendly event will have Irish music and dancing, craft vendors and a paint-by-number mural to entertain little ones. Admission is free, find out more at Olde Town Arvada’s website.