With the impending bomb cyclone hitting the Denver area today, you might be wondering how you’re going to make it through a day stuck inside?! Here is how we are staying busy at home with kids during today’s snow day!
Baking- Whipping up a special treat is a must for a day stuck indoors. These chocolate chip cookies by Pinch of Yum are a favorite!
These snickerdoodles are a close second! Soft, yet chewy- these make the perfect snickerdoodles.
This snow ice cream is the perfect project for the kids to work on while you are baking up some cookies.
SNOW ICE CREAM
This 5-minute recipe for homemade snow ice cream is a sweet way to celebrate a snow day!
- 1 cup milk (any kind)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, store-bought or homemade
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 cups clean snow or shaved ice (more or less depending on the density of the snow)
- optional (but strongly suggested) topping: sprinkles!!!
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, sugar, vanilla and salt together until combined. Go scoop up some fresh (clean!) snow, and immediately stir it into the milk mixture until you reach your desired consistency. (The ice cream should be fluffy, not runny. But it melts quickly, so dive in quickly.)
- Top with sprinkles or other ice cream toppings if desired, and enjoy!
*Consume fresh snow at your own risk.
Movie Marathon- Nothing beats snuggling up on the couch to a good movie. Put some cozy pj’s on, flip on the fire and turn on Netflix. Our top picks for today are- Disney’s Christopher Robin, The Incredibles 2, Hairspray and Beauty and The Beast.
Outdoor Fun- If the worst of it is over and you are able to venture outside, bundle up and go build a snowman, make snow angels or go sledding! For something different, consider going on a snow day scavenger hunt!
☆ We hope you can take something useful from this list today and no matter what you do, HAVE FUN!