Michaela Boushie of Addison Tyler Designs and I are excited to introduce you to Reimagined Spaces. You are invited to follow our newest blog series as we showcase Michaela’s exquisite design talent using your spaces. We will provide select applicants with a unique opportunity to have a space in your home reimagined. Our vision for this project is to connect homeowners with elevated home design assistance and have a little fun watching your space come to life. We all have a room in our home that “stumps” us from a design perspective. Allow Michaela to provide you with guidance and a professional design board created specifically for your space.
We invite you to email us a picture of your space along with a short narrative of your dreams for that space. If your space is chosen we will send you a short questionnaire that will allow Michaela to understand your vision, likes, dislikes and the design aesthetic that most appeals to you. Michaela will create a design board and provide it along with links to the materials selected that compliment your space. All reimagined spaces will be featured through this blog.
Let’s get started and have some fun with design.
Today we are taking a look at a half bath that could use some help. This home was built in 2016 and although everything is still nice and newer, the homeowner feels it is lacking in character and personality.
The owner filled out a questionnaire that we provided so that we could get a good feel for her likes, dislikes and the overall esthetic of her home.
- What do you consider your style to be? Some options might be- contemporary, traditional, rustic, minimalist, industrial, mid-century modern, bohemian, coastal, mediterranean, modern farmhouse, french country… please add in any others that speak to you. I’d say bohemian/modern farmhouse
- Please list the room you would like help with and explain how you use this room. Main floor half bath mainly used by guests and kids (3 and 6 years old)
- What colors/patterns are you drawn to? Are there any colors that you would like to avoid? Most of my house has white/very light grey walls with earthy/gold accents. I like lighter accent colors- blush, grey, teal, blues and natural elements likes plants and raw wood.
- Is there anything in the space that you would like to keep? I am not attached to anything in the bathroom aside from the toilet and the flooring. I’d love a new mirror, vanity/faucet and light fixture. I’d love a vanity with some storage, even if it’s a small drawer or two.
- What is your budget for this project? $500-700
- Please share any style inspiration pictures you might have.
Michaela of Addison Tyler Designs says “Since the homeowner said that she loves a bit of rustic, boho and natural elements, I tried to go with a style that has the convenience of modern aesthetics and chic appeal. I also wanted it to be kid friendly since they use the space quite frequently.”
“I chose a shiplap wallpaper to save on cost since actual shiplap or tile would have exceeded the budget alone. The wallpaper is waterproof for durability and easy cleanup.
The vanity is small but mighty with the extra enclosed storage and a shelf. I also included a cool floating wall shelf for some dimension, storage, and display.
I love the black mirror, rug, and light fixture since they are modern, relaxed and the black expressive trim really helps anchor the space. They add a subtle layer of texture, and which also fits in well within the kid-friendly usable space.
I love the black and white color scheme but I wanted to add some fun and color through the wall art and accessories.”
- Gullo Wall shelf Joss & Main $67.99
- Hub Modern Round Mirror Wayfair $122.98
- Rhodes Black Charcoal Rug 2 x 3 Wayfair $40.99
- Brewster Home Fashions Wallpaper Texture Trends II Heim Wayfair $43.99 per roll
- Acres 3-Light Metal Vanity Light Joss & Main $109.99
- Katniss Single Bathroom Vanity Set Allmodern $274.99
- Sycamore Faux Sansevieria Floor Plant in Pot Wayfair $87.99
- 2 Piece Cactus Desktop Succulent Wayfair $27.98
- Hydrangea & Rose Arrangement in Glass Vase Wayfair $33.99
- Hughes Zero Twist 2 Piece Cotton Bath Sheet Set Wayfair $33.99
Please email us a picture of your space at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to transforming your space into one you love.