With today being the first day of fall, it is a good time to start considering how you will clean up and maintain your home for the cooler temps headed your way. By keeping up with your home’s maintenace, you can ensure long term protection for your investment.
- Power wash your home’s exterior surfaces and windows.
- Clean gutters and downspouts and clear out wet leaves away from your home’s foundation.
- Blow out your irrigation system and shut off exterior water lines for the season.
- Air out your home by opening windows and letting the cool breeze inside
- Give your guest room and kitchen a thorough cleaning to prepare for guests that might come for the holidays.
- Do a closet sweep and store or donate clothes your kid’s have outgrown or clothes that might be out of season.
- Clean the inside of your windows including frames and blinds. This will let in more sunlight and help to brighten up your home.
- Check air ducts for dust or lint. You might consider having your ductwork cleaned if the dust seems excessive.
- Replace your summer sheets and blankets with something heavier to keep you warm throughout the winter.