How to attract birds & butterflies
- Set up feeding stations around your yard or garden.
- Provide them with some water. Water that is dripping or trickling is the best, but a shallow dish or bird bath will do too.
- Place your feeders near trees; that way birds will have places to hide.
- Make sure to keep their water fresh.
- To attract hummingbirds, buy a hummingbird feeder and fill with a mixture of sugar and water that is 1 part sugar to 6 parts water.
- Plant milkweed plants; they are a great way to attract butterflies.
- Butterflies are attracted to yellow, red, orange, pink and purple flat-topped or clustered flowers.
- They love the sun so consider putting umbrellas and shade covers down.
- Buy a butterfly feeder at a garden center. Fill your feeder with a water and sugar mixture of 1 part sugar to 4 parts water.