Each year after extensive research and travel, Benjamin Moore selects their Color of the Year. They consider 5 elements when making their choice:
- Design- furniture, lighting, fabrics and home accessories are well thought out while considering the relationship that paint and color has to each of them
- Art- seeing how artists use color helps the team to see color and color pairings in a fresh new light
- Fashion- deeply influenced by color and constantly changing, fashion is an expression of style and personality that is strongly considered
- Environment- whether home or traveling, the team takes in all the elements surrounding landscapes, color palettes, and architectural traditions
- Culture- entertainment, economics, consumer sentiment and contemporary culture all give voice to the annual BM color palette selection
What does this have to do with us?? We want to use the newest Benjamin Moore Color of the Year in our next Reimagined Spaces home! After the Color of the Year is announced on October 11th, we will get to work creating a home design vision board that incorporates that paint color into our design work and possibly as an accent with wallpaper, accessories, furniture or rug. Michaela will find a way to give your space new life with the 2020 Benjamin Moore Color of the Year!
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, we invite you to email us a picture of your space along with a short narrative of your dreams for that space. If your space is chosen we will send you a short questionnaire that will allow Michaela to understand your vision, likes, dislikes and the design aesthetic that most appeals to you. Michaela will create a design board and provide it along with links to the materials selected that compliment your space. All reimagined spaces will be featured through this blog.
Please email us a picture of your space at email@example.com. We look forward to transforming your space into one you love.
Let’s get started and have some fun with design!